Saturday 12 May 2012

Awards


I have been nominated for two awards! Wowzers is all I can say! Thank you very much to Jo at what do you make of my cake? for nominating me. 

 
Rules for both the awards are

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award and link back to them.
2. Share five random facts about yourself
3. Spread the joy by nominating other bloggers
4. Convey the blogger about the nomination.

So here are the five facts about me

1. My first name is Heather.

2. I own 133 pieces of make up (a large proportion dominated by my eye shadow palettes containing 59 colours in total) and 11 make up brushes. Make up is a massive love of my life as you can probably tell!

3. I've always wished that I could sing and act for as long as I can remember. I think I'd be on stage if I could.

4. I've finally come to terms with truly being who I am. If anyone doesn't particularly like this or me, I won't dwell, because I'll never compromise who I am for anybody else. As Dr Seuss said: “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind”.

5. I took ballet lessons for six years as a teenager. I loved it and still have my pointe shoes as a souvenir. 

The people I'm passing the awards onto are


I hope people reading this check out the above bloggers.  Their blogs are a delight to read and are baking and crafting some amazing things!
 

9 comments:

  1. Wow that is a lot of makeup!! I used to do ballet too, I have no idea where my old shoes are haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was really shocked wben I counted it all up... I'm sure it's subject to grow too! Ballet was brilliant, I miss it!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your award and thanks so much for passing it on to me! Interesting facts...I'll have to give mine some thought! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased to pass it onto you! Really looking forward to reading your facts :-)

      Delete
  3. I too would love to sing...but judging by the reaction of those around me when I do...let's just say I'm never making my fortune that way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I only sing alone - mainly in the car! Wonder what people think if they look over at me at the traffic lights :-) !!

      Delete
  4. Hi Heather, great facts! It makes me wish I had thought about mine a bit more! So jealous you had ballet lessons, I've always wished I could dance. Don't think I'm graceful enough though! Love your fourth fact especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jo! Thanks for the feedback. I like your facts! Post round two of facts further down the line so we can get to know you better :-) I miss ballet actually, it was amazing for my figure and posture.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for passing the awards on to me. I've blogged about them here http://themorethanoccasionalbaker.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/awards.html
    PS i LOVE fact #4 !!

    ReplyDelete