Saturday 16 February 2013

I'm back after a long break

Okay, so here I am, back to blogging! I have been away for a long time and I feel that I need to get the reasons why on a post to explain.  Time flies doesn't it?

It's pretty simple really, I got a new job at the start of December - same company, just a different role altogether.  I was completely ecstatic when I heard I had got it as it was exactly what I needed - a new challenge and a job that would make me think and use my brain.  I get restless in jobs if I can't use my creativity or my brain...

So basically, I've been focussing all of my efforts and energy on my new job.  By energy I mean that on weeknights I'm almost asleep on the sofa at 8pm! It's a tiring job and my mind works overtime.  Or if I'm not falling asleep at 8pm, I'm completely unwinding watching my new favourite TV show, Breaking Bad - has anyone else watched it?!  So baking has come at the bottom of my priorities of late, which will hopefully change.

I thought that a quick post would be best and then I'll post a baking blog very soon.

Look what the postman brought me today!



5 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Glad the new job is working out. That book looks awesome. Do I need another baking book in my life? Oh I think so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back - look forward to seeing your bakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have you back! How is the new Hummingbird Bird Book? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! Cant wait to see what you bake from your new Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. I'm trying very hard not to buy any new books for now

    ReplyDelete